As we establish ourselves in the online age, it is no surprise that online grocery shopping is rising. Despite being one of the smallest channels in the UK grocery market, it is the fastest-growing channel online, with over 13.5 million adults in the UK buying groceries online a week.
However, online grocery shopping is ideal for people who don’t have easy access to transportation or have trouble carrying heavy grocery bags around. More importantly, ordering groceries online will keep you safe at home during the Covid’19 crisis. There are so many other reasons people order food online. Check out Uk Collected Reviews to know why others do it.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR GROCERIES ONLINE IN UK
Firstly, you need to decide where to shop. Fortunately, almost all the major supermarkets now offer delivery services. Each supermarket’s website is a little different. However, below is a general guide to ordering groceries online.
- Visit the website of your favorite supermarket
- As a first-timer, you can register a new account using your email address. A secure password will also be required.
- Find a grocery menu on the homepage. This often appears as a drop-down menu.
- Keep going through the options to find the item you want to order or filter items to make things faster.
- Select the items you want to order and click “Add” to add them to your shopping cart. You can set the quantity (either by the number of packets or by quantity/weight for free products).
- When you have selected all of your items, click on to make the payment or the equivalent.
- Select the delivery time window. You may be charged a little more for premium timeslots such as weekends or nights.
- Make payments to purchase your groceries.
- Now it’s just a case of waiting for your food to arrive right at your doorstep.
There are a few additional tips to keep in mind when shopping online for groceries.
Special offer: Look forward to special offers and discounts to make sure you don’t miss out on great deals.
Nutritional needs: You can create a diet profile in your supermarket. This means if you are vegan or pregnant, you can state your special needs. They will then automatically flag off any products that may not be suitable for your diet.
Nutritional inspiration: If you’re looking for inspiration, you might want to order whole meal packages or recipe boxes. This takes out the stress of deciding what to buy and cook.
Prize scheme: If you are a regular customer of an online store, check to see if there is a rewards program. Many chains offer special prices to their regular customers.
Order Early: Early grocery shopping is the best. It is your best bet for getting all your groceries. Later in the day, items may be out of stock.
Food delivery has never been easier. Both perishable and non-perishable food items can be delivered. Check out food delivery companies’ reviews to know the best services available and why people choose a certain company.